• Welcome to our brand new forum! We've listened to your feedback and realized that people wanted (and needed) a space to connect. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQs to read through the Roots of Loneliness forum rules. You must register before you can post in the forums.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Notsure
    Junior Member
    • May 2026
    • 1

    Spiritual Awakening

    Has anyone ever navigated a spiritual awakening i cant seem to talk to anyone that understands 😢
  • Weighty
    Member
    • Apr 2025
    • 58

    Notsure Welcome to the forum! I've definitely experienced this myself! What seems to be bothering you about it, or what are you struggling with?

    For myself, this has happened several times in my life -- not just around big moments like a death in the family, or something similar -- but also during just random times when I'd be on a hike, for example, and just feel so connected and in tune with myself, the universe, and feeling spiritual.

    I know folks define this differently, and it resonates with each of us in different ways and at different times, but you're free to express yourself here.

    Tell me more.

    Comment

    • SummerDay
      Member
      • Apr 2025
      • 53

      Notsure Hi Notsure,

      I think “spiritual awakening” can mean so many different things to different people, so I don’t want to assume I know exactly what you’re experiencing. But I do understand that feeling of trying to explain something internal and having people either not get it, minimize it, or look at you like you’ve suddenly started speaking another language, lol.

      That can feel really lonely.

      I’ve known a few people who went through periods where their whole way of looking at life seemed to shift. Sometimes it came after grief or stress, sometimes after a big life change, and sometimes seemingly out of nowhere. They described it as feeling more aware, more sensitive, more connected to things, but also kind of ungrounded at times. Like they were noticing more than they knew how to carry.

      I think that’s the part people don’t always talk about.

      Something can feel meaningful and still be overwhelming. It can feel beautiful and scary at the same time. It can make you feel more connected to the world in one sense, while also making you feel more separate from the people around you because they aren’t experiencing it the same way.

      Maybe the hardest part is not knowing whether to trust it, question it, slow it down, lean into it, or just sit quietly with it for a while.

      For whatever it’s worth, I don’t think you sound strange for asking. I think a lot of people go through inner shifts they don’t have language for, and then they feel alone because they can’t package it neatly enough for other people to understand.

      You’re welcome to talk about it here. What part has been the most difficult for you? The feelings themselves, the lack of people to talk to, or feeling like it’s changing how you see your life?

      Comment

      Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

      Weekly reflections, meaningful stories, and thoughtful advice for navigating loneliness — delivered when you need it most.

      Latest Activity

      Collapse

      Latest Topics

      Collapse

      • Not spending Christmas with family

        So last year was the first year I decided not to spend the holidays with my family. I visited in October, then celebrated with friends over the holidays....

        09-08-2026, 10:51 AM By Birdie_94
      Working...