• Welcome to our brand new forum! We've listened to your feedback and realized that people wanted (and needed) a space to connect. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQs to read through the Roots of Loneliness forum rules. You must register before you can post in the forums.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ali
    Lead Administrator
    • Apr 2025
    • 82

    How are you doing?

    Figured I’d start a thread for anyone who’s feeling lonely, bored, or just wants to scream into the digital void with some company. We can talk about whatever. Your day, your thoughts, your weekend plans, that weird existential moment you had at 2am while staring at the ceiling fan.

    No pressure to be deep or profound unless your loneliness is wearing a monocle and quoting Nietzsche. Then by all means.

    Anyway, I’ll go first: I just had a full-blown conversation with my microwave. She gets me.

    Your turn.
  • SummerDay
    Member
    • Apr 2025
    • 53

    I'm okay. It's Monday and I'm bogged down with work and probably should be working right now... lol.

    Mostly I'm staying indoors and avoiding the sun as much as possible since it's been so ridiculously hot lately. I am looking forward to some things though; there's a ren faire I'm going to in a couple weeks and those are always amazing. My outfit is just about ready and I'm going with some of my family who's into that kind of stuff. It's the highlight of my summer lol!

    Comment

    • Weighty
      Member
      • Apr 2025
      • 58

      Today was a busy but productive day!

      It started with a milestone workout running routine based on a fitness test given to high school soccer players when they come from their summer vacations to test their fitness level.

      I think I did pretty **** good!

      I've also been putting together my travel schedule for the rest of the year and it is glorious!

      All in all, a great start to the week!

      Comment

      • Ali
        Lead Administrator
        • Apr 2025
        • 82

        Originally posted by SummerDay
        there's a ren faire I'm going to in a couple weeks and those are always amazing. My outfit is just about ready and I'm going with some of my family who's into that kind of stuff. It's the highlight of my summer lol!
        Oh nice!! I'm going to my first one in August and I'm most of the way done getting my stuff together for it. I'm torn because it might be 95 degrees outside (or not) so I gave myself a couple of under-dress options just in case.

        Here's hoping it's not ridiculously hot that day...

        There's going to be a bunch of us going: my family, our closest friends, and extended friends of theirs that we know. The day we picked is the Celtic/Viking weekend since they have different themes every weekend and I think it's going to be incredible. I don't see myself gnawing on a turkey leg... apparently that's a big thing? (I hate turkey.)

        But there will be plenty of fairies and elves and who knows what. THAT is going to be fantastic.

        I hope you have the best time when you go!!!!

        Comment

        • SummerDay
          Member
          • Apr 2025
          • 53

          lol I'm not a fan of turkey either but yeah, that is definitely a big thing at ren faires and anything that's medieval themed. They are a lot of fun, though! It's always a blast getting to dress up in costume, for anything.

          What's funny is I always feel a lot more outgoing and extroverted when I'm in costume. It sounds strange, but it feels like I'm playing the role of someone else, rather than myself? I don't know. I get jazzed about Halloween for the same reasons.

          Comment

          • Ali
            Lead Administrator
            • Apr 2025
            • 82

            Originally posted by SummerDay
            What's funny is I always feel a lot more outgoing and extroverted when I'm in costume. It sounds strange, but it feels like I'm playing the role of someone else, rather than myself? I don't know. I get jazzed about Halloween for the same reasons.
            I don't think that's strange at all. I can relate to that a lot, in fact. It's like you're stepping out wearing someone else's skin and persona, so people aren't seeing *you* as much as they are seeing a costume. So even if you're not normally confident and you're introverted, it makes you feel the opposite of that, at least for a little while.

            The ren faire is just a couple days away. We're going on Saturday, which it's going to be sunny (yay!) but hot (boo!). The ONE good thing is that it's in the woods, so there should be enough shade... I hope. I've never gone, so it's all new to me, but I'll be wearing a chemise and overdress and all that jazz...

            Starting to think maybe I should have opted for a lightweight forest fairy outfit... LOL!!!

            Comment

            Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

            Weekly reflections, meaningful stories, and thoughtful advice for navigating loneliness — delivered when you need it most.

            Latest Activity

            Collapse

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            • Not spending Christmas with family

              So last year was the first year I decided not to spend the holidays with my family. I visited in October, then celebrated with friends over the holidays....

              09-08-2026, 10:51 AM By Birdie_94
            Working...