It feels lonely to be furious and terrified of something I know is dangerous, only to have people around me either ignoring the issues or pretending I'm overreacting.
-
Anger is Isolating
I'm in America, where politics is a new nightmare every day. People getting disappeared, mass firings, so much lawlessness and blatant corruption and I find myself in a constant state of anger. In order to avoid being in a constant state of anger, my husband avoids hearing about all news. That pretty much leaves me with just the internet--which is not always a great place for calm, nuanced discussion.
It feels lonely to be furious and terrified of something I know is dangerous, only to have people around me either ignoring the issues or pretending I'm overreacting.Tags: None -
My husband is the exact same. We used to watch PBS Newshour every day, and we'd watch Last Week Tonight religiously too... and he's completely avoided all of it.
No news, no social media, it's a mental health thing for him, for sure. Because otherwise, he'd be the same: angry all the time. All of the time. Everything about the current state of affairs infuriates him.
For a lot of folks, ignorance is more than bliss; it's their only way through. And that sucks when you're feeling these feelings and having thoughts about things, and no one to talk about them with. It's hard not to carry anger about it all. Most of what I feel is anger, mixed with disgust. And shock, but not necessarily surprise. It's disheartening, for sure. -
You're def not alone. I'm beyond entertained by the state of certain things this week (IYKYK), but for the most part I've been avoiding news and even social media to not feel bombarded by it all. It's a coping mechanism. Might not be healthy for society at large but it's healthy for me. I can only take so much BS.Comment
Get The Newsletter
Latest Activity
-
Oh man...you guys had to bring this up again this year! :-(
I already see the shadows lengthening, the rays of sun getting more diffuse,...09-29-2026, 03:08 PM By Weighty -
Yes I am also a huge fan of fall. I still get a bit of a jump scare every year until I remember I'm no longer in school and don't have to prepare lol....
09-28-2026, 12:06 PM By somewhereroo -
I’m already noticing the shorter days too. 😕 It feels way too early to be noticing them this much, but I guess we’re getting to that time of year...
09-24-2026, 08:35 PM By SummerDay -
I'm so not looking forward to it this year! Summer was brutal but the days have already gotten significantly shorter. I am so impacted by the sun. I wake...
09-23-2026, 10:44 AM By somewhereroo -
Reply to Disability and loneliness
That's a great point. I also look at it this way -- if someone feels the need to lie about something like that (or anything really) it can speak to something...
09-16-2026, 08:01 PM By Weighty
Latest Topics
-
So last year was the first year I decided not to spend the holidays with my family. I visited in October, then celebrated with friends over the holidays....
09-08-2026, 10:51 AM By Birdie_94
Comment