• Welcome to our brand new forum! We've listened to your feedback and realized that people wanted (and needed) a space to connect. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQs to read through the Roots of Loneliness forum rules. You must register before you can post in the forums.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SummerDay
    Member
    • Apr 2025
    • 53

    Anyone doing anything fun to end the summer/over labor day?

    I can't believe we're nearing September already, this year seems to have flown by. Any exciting plans for the long weekend?

    There's a local county fair about an hour away from me, I might venture out and binge on some fair food since it's the only time of the year when I really ever get to go nuts with a deep-fried oreo or gyro from my favorite stand lol. Doesn't seem like the weather is going to be terribly hot this year so it might actually be nice, despite the crowds.

    I am looking forward to the fall transition though... starting to see some of the trees losing their leaves a little bit here and there and that gets me excited about what's to come. Huge fan of fall and even winter.

    Sorry if I sound rambly, I'll stay on topic lol. Doing anything fun for Labor Day?
  • Weighty
    Member
    • Apr 2025
    • 58

    Dang...the year is more than halfway over -- like almost 3-4 months left actually!?

    I just almost can't wrap my head around it really...

    No plans for me specifically, but I'll definitely enjoy the time to catch up on some rest, hiking and the peace that a good day off brings!

    Comment

    • Ali
      Lead Administrator
      • Apr 2025
      • 82

      I know, it's hard to believe. Before you know it, the holidays will be here!

      Not planning to do much over the weekend, I don't think. Probably get caught up on some work stuff, some writing, and a few things around the house before we take my youngest back to college. That blows my mind... summer went by way too fast.

      Comment

      Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

      Weekly reflections, meaningful stories, and thoughtful advice for navigating loneliness — delivered when you need it most.

      Latest Activity

      Collapse

      Latest Topics

      Collapse

      • Not spending Christmas with family

        So last year was the first year I decided not to spend the holidays with my family. I visited in October, then celebrated with friends over the holidays....

        09-08-2026, 10:51 AM By Birdie_94
      Working...